Sunday, July 30, 2006

-lessons from a green chair-

Friday my family and I were at TOYS R US shopping for items to kick start our children’s ministry when our oldest son Jeremiah began to complain of a pain in the back of his head. He then began to turn really pale. At that point my wife and I began to discuss exactly what was wrong. After he began to cry which turned into screaming, my wife and I became concerned. We thought the worst maybe a aneurism. Jeremiah is extremely healthy and Renee mentioned that she had never heard of kids complain of headaches in the back of their head. So I said let’s just be safe and run him to the ER. I then turned my flashers on I began to drive like a maniac to the hospital. I became somewhat impatient as I sped to the hospital. As Jeremiah kept crying, we pulled up the hospital and he vomited. Then Renee and I both began to freak out. All we could think of at that point was SEISURE. As I parked the Trailblazer, I began to become worried, stressed and could only think the worst. Tears began to well up in my eyes as I began to pray. When we got inside, the nurse began checking him out letting us know that nothing major was going on. Jeremiah turned out to be O.K., and had just caught a virus (common stomach bug). As I think back, I remember holding Jeremiah, waiting for the doctor to check him out and praying to God. While I talked to God, He was screaming at me: Don’t forget who is charge here. Don’t forget where all good things come from. I gave you your healthy son. I have blessed you. I am blessed. I have two healthy boys and an awesome wife who were given to me by God. May we take this time, right now to remember how blessed we are. As Rob Bell states, we are RICH.

As I sat in a green chair at the ER holding my sleeping three year old son, I was reminded by God how truly blessed I am.

James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above

Shalom

2 comments:

Russ said...

I'm glad Jeremiah is OK. It can be really scary when we as parents don't know what's wrong and fear the worst. I pray for God's continued blessings on your family.

Sheff said...

Great to hear that Jeremiah is ok. Praise God for His blessings.