Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mercer PA

Tonight the church from Mercer PA made their way south for some fellowship in Washington. Scott Bates, Pastor and Church Planter in Mercer is one whom I am privileged to call my friend. Scott and I met back 9 years ago when I was dating a girl from Ft Smith. I was a young and green seminary student and looked up to Scott. Scott and and his wife Esther would visit the church which I attended when I was in Ft Smith on the weekends. Because of our ministry our lives have crossed paths and I am glad we have the opportunity to continue our friendship. He and his church were such an encouragement to our team.
We kicked off the evening with dinner at the Ponderosa and then had coffee (Starbucks of course, courtesy of Andrew) at our hosue and an time of sharing meaningful stories about our life as a new church plant (2 months and running). I have a special place for the people in Mercer. I spent time with them back on New Years Day '06 when I was invited by their sending church to fill in before Scott and his family moved to PA. It is great to fellowship with Godly people and I thank God for them. We hope to travel to Mercer soon and spend a Sunday with them.


Shalom

No comments: