Monday, September 11, 2006

Mountains of WV

I spent Thursday, Friday & Saturday, attending a retreat in one of the most beautiful places on the face of the earth, Seneca Rocks, WV. The time away was very therapeutic for me. One thing I love doing when I get together with other guys and pastors is just to simply laugh. Scott Bates brought much needed laughter to me as we reflected on the changes we have experienced since moving from AR to PA.
As I reflect back on the weekend, the one message God used to touch my life personally was given by Pastor Billy Shepherd from Ezra 9. Ezra accentuated the positives by focusing on God’s grace, faithfulness and goodness. God reminded me of this truth and my need as a leader to continually draw attention to the positives in my life and ministry.

1 comment:

Sheff said...

Amen to that!!!!

I will pick up my sleeping bag at a later time. Thanks.