My sons continue to remind me how to live with joy. Regardless of the circumstances, they always seem to have a good time. Eating, napping or playing, they are having fun and enjoying life.
John Ortberg says:
What keeps me from joy is often a preoccupation with myself and my own little agenda. That very selfishness keeps me from noiticing and delighting in the myriad of small gifts God offers each day.
I am addicted to the hurry in life. Many times I feel trapped in life looking for the next thing I can accomplish when God just wants me to be still and enJOY him. Yes there is time for tears and sorrow but more joy and happiness. With my type A personality I have problems relaxing. In my mind, I think, "just get it done". Whether that's in church planting, home life, fantasy football, or the Arkansas Razorbacks. I am determined to begin to enjoy life more frequently than I presently do because joy comes from the very heart of God!
Psalm 68:3 But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God's presence. Let them be filled with joy.
If we don't rejoice today, we won't rejoice at all. If we wait until the conditions are perfect we will wait until we die.

1 comment:
Why is it that we have to look in the eyes of children to truly understand true joy?
I am thankful that God has given me the opportunity to be a parent. He is so good!
Post a Comment