My wife and I spent Friday and Saturday in (on) Mars. We joined 500 couples who gathered together to gain Biblical principles on making our marriages stronger. The event reminded me of exactly how much I love my wife. Even after eight years together, we have some work to do. I would never admit to having it all figured out. We were reminded that couples today are threatened by forces that can destroy oneness in marriage. One of the biggest threats is the failure to anticipate selfishness. The culture which we live in promotes selfishness, doing it my way. If we allow it, this selfishness will rob our relationships of its romance. An exercise we were asked to do was write each other a Love Letter. I recommend that you write your spouse a love letter.
The following information was asked to be included in the letter:
- What were the qualities that attracted me the most to you when we first met?
- What qualities do I appreciate or have learned to appreciate most about you since we have been married?
- How have our differences helped me grow spiritually and emotionally?
- What steps will I commit to take to love God and you more?
This was huge for us this weekend. It was a tool which reminded my wife and I of our past as well as our future commitments. It was definitely a weekend to remember.

No comments:
Post a Comment