Friday, January 26, 2007

- leaving my mark -

Yesterday proved to be a bad day. At about 4 p.m. yesterday afternoon, Jeremiah and I went outside to shovel the snow off the sidewalks and driveway so people coming to our Bible Study could enter our home safely. I decided to park my Jeep on the road so more people could park in our drive way and not have quiet so far to walk. As I was backing up, I failed to clear the snow off my black glass and I heard a SMACK. I backed into a tree that leans over into the road. Ah yah yah! I busted the black glass and blinker and smashed the back gate. It is now parked in the garage which only accommodates one car which means my wife has to get into her car in the cold. Over the years I have proved to be fairly careless when I back up. When I was on staff at Glen Rose in Arkansas, I backed into the bus barn. I have to be more careful. Who knows how much this will cost since I only have liability. I would post some pics but I am ashamed of how much damage I did. This really sucks. On the bright side, its just a car and something worse could have happened.

3 comments:

Russ said...

You and Belinda need to join a support group for careless back up drivers of Grand Cherokees.

Aaron Johnson said...

I wonder if we could solicit grant funds from the state of PA or WV to assist with the damages?

Jeff said...

Dude, I'm sorry, but that's stinkin' funny! :) I can't help but picture this. LOL! I needed to hear about some else's stupidity. Please forgive my pleasure in your anguish. Maybe I'll be able to give you this treat in the future!

Lov ya bro!

Thanx!