Monday, March 26, 2007

Great Weekend

This past weekend was great. Friday night we headed to Lowe's to begin picking out paint colors and flooring for our new house. It looks like we may be able to close on our house sometime in April. Can't wait to have our own place. (Getting tired of our neighbors griping about us being too loud. You can't tell a two year old to be quiet in his own house even if it is a townhouse!)
On Saturday, I finished a two hour spin ride. It was great. When I first started, I thought I might have bit off more than I could chew. I was challenged by my weekly instructors to do it and I tried it and succeeded. To date, I have lost 13 pounds and a couple of inches since I started going to the gym.
On Sunday, we kicked off a new study. Thanks to the advice of Tadd Grandstaff, we are going through Visioneering by Andy Stanley with our core group. They all raved about this book. I read this about five years ago when God began placing it on my heart to plant a church. One of the statements I love in the intro is "Everybody ends up somewhere in life. A few people end up somewhere on purpose." I hope what you are doing right now is what God is calling you to do. If not, begin seeking God's face and discover exactly what God wants you to do. Become someone with a vision which begins with a concern or a burden. Don't just coast through life!

No comments: