Just got back from hearing Mark Batterson speak to a group of pastors and church planters at a church in Pittsburgh. I had a chance to personally meet Mark and he is a totally awesome guy. He is a completely down to earth. When he spoke, he gave us five challenges:
Identity
Family
Criticism
Creativity
Growth
Identity
Family
Criticism
Creativity
Growth
(I will post more from his talk later)
He is a great communicator and it was awesome to hear the story of NCC. I also got to meet a ton of guys from the area. I meet two church planters who are planting new churches in this area. Rye Taylor who is in the planning stages of planting a church in Washington & Tommy Duke who is about to launch Iron City Church in North Hills/Allyson Park area (suburb of Pittsburgh). I love networking with other church planters. I believe God is going to do some great things and am glad to be part of the advancement of God's Kingdom in Southwestern PA.

No comments:
Post a Comment