Thursday, March 08, 2007

Memories of Oklahoma

My parents and grandmother (my fathers mother who is 85 and very healthy) will be arriving in PA after a long trip from Oklahoma. I am stoked about them coming. This will be the first time they have visited us since we moved here. I have great memories of Oklahoma. Below is a list of some the things I remember.

The home(s) I grew up in
Getting in a pear fight with the neighbor kids
Elementary-Junior High-High School
Tee Ball (age 5)-Pitching Machine (age 7-10) - Regular B-ball (until i was a sophomore)
Spending from spring to summer mowing lawns in 100 degree heat
(our summer buisness 35+ lawns)
Basketball (7th-12th)
Band & Choir
Church
My first Car
My first Girlfriend
Prom (I still can't dance)
Cowboy boots & Wranglers grades 7th-9th
Songs from artists like George Straight, MC Hammer & Boys To Men
Basketball at the park every night
Swimming at the lake at the park
Weekends at the mall in Tulsa
Toilet papering teachers and ex-girlfriends houses
Fishing for catfish at the lake
Hunting for squirrels
Musical Fiddler On The Roof at the Pryor High School Auditorium

Some days I miss Oklahoma. I had a great life growing up in Pryor. I hope one day I will have a list of memories here in PA just like I do in OK.

1 comment:

Sheff said...

I hope you have a great time with your family.