Many of you probably know the one man in my life who has had the most influence on my life is my Dad. He is my hero and the guy I want to be like when I grow up (nope, not there yet). One thing he always taught me was never be afraid to get your hands dirty. I would never be the one to say that I am a good mechanic or know how to work on cars, but yesterday I changed the break pads on my wife's SUV. It was cool! No help from either one of my brothers, just me and my two sons. As I was getting my hands dirty, my two sons just wanted to help. They went through my tools asking, "what is this daddy?" This excites me, because some of the best lessons I ever learned was working with my dad. One exciting thing was I saved myself about $300 bucks. My dad would be proud of me. He always taught me also to do the work yourself and save yourself some cash. I am forever indebted to my pops for the things he taught me. Work hard and love God!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment