Monday, April 23, 2007

Great Weekend

I have had a great yet quiet weekend. I spent Saturday morning doing fun stuff like spin race day and practicing softball. In the afternoon, I helped Allison and Andrew work on their landscaping. We then headed over to my new house to spruce it up. It was pretty awesome to finally have my own yard. Before getting into the ministry, I was hoping to one day run a golf course. I absolutely love turf and grass. On Sunday, our core group headed to Morgantown to join Stonebridge for their Friend Day. The David Story Band rocked. Our peeps from Washington loved the worship. Worshipping God in the theater in downtown MO-Town is one of my favorite things to do. Jason did an awesome job on Mark 2. Even though most of the sermon targeted unchurched/unsaved, the Holy Spirit screamed "STOP ALLOWING THINGS TO KEEP YOU FROM GETTING TO JESUS". It is so easy for me to allow THINGS to deter me from my fellowship with God. Mark 2 speaks of five men who were determined to get to Jesus. Major props to Jason & Russell for making friend day a plus. Looking forward to preaching there in May.

2 comments:

Russ said...

Thanks for coming over yesterday. You guys encourage us.

Sheff said...

ditto!