Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Volunteer

Just spent six hours today helping with construction work at the Christian Outreach. Back in the summer, a group of students from Arkansas built a wall for them and they have been patiently waiting on me to get some time to finish bracing the wall and install shelving for storage. Michael, (my neighbor and good friend) and I spent the morning at Home Depot buying material and then bracing the wall. Today was the first time I stepped foot in Home Depot because of my hatred for the place due to the many times I had to go there while we remodeled our home. Today, we finished bracing the wall. We will have to tackle the shelves on another day. Drilling into concrete blocks isn't easy. I may have to talk my wife into letting me buy a new drill. I love power tools!

No comments: