Thursday, December 13, 2007

What were they thinking???

Why would Arkansas chose to hire Bobby Petrino, a guy who might be our head coach for six months and then resign? I am very disappointed with this hire. A coach who would leave the Falcons during the season will leave Arkansas without batting an eye. If he thought he was getting a lot of heat in Atalanta, he failed to check with sources from Arkansas. The minute his team loses a few games, he is going to be chewed up and spit up by the Arkansas fans and then he will probably resign and move on to something else. I don't think I have ever felt this disappointed with a move by the University. Petrino has no commitment. This may be the straw that pushes me to find a new college team to follow. (Maybe Ole Miss) I guess we'll see how I feel in August.

5 comments:

Scott Bates said...

Here's what they were thinking...
1. Petrino will NEVER be hired by an NFL team.
2. None of the big programs will offer Petrino until all this is behind him (at least 3 years)
3. They paid him a bunch of money and incentives and also put a buyout in his contract if he leaves.
I think they are hoping for 3-4 years, tops. That's my take.
Out.

Sheff said...

You are always welcome to root for the MOUNTAINEERS!!! GO EERS! :-]

Nathan Rogers said...

He may stay...he may go... But right now he is ours! So to that I say Go Petrino and Wooooo pig Soooiiieeee.

Midwest Razorback said...

What has happened to Arkansas? Stuff kind of went screwy with Nolan and the way he went out (not laying blame on either side- just saying it was ugly). Since then, it has been bad on the Hill.

I think Arkansas fans overrate the Hogs. They expect to play a BCS bowl game every year and win SEC every other year. Not going to happen. Arkansas isn't playing in the SWC anymore.

Petrino will last 2 years tops. He will either be successful and a better job will come along. Or things will fall apart and he will get out of the kitchen as things heat up.

That being said, Wooo Pig.

jfree said...

wow way to go Arkansas fan. showin' some support for your team.