Today marked a new and exciting event in the life of Project Ecclesia. Andrew and I met at the Inspirational Café where a photographer from the local newspaper came and took our picture. As I mentioned yesterday, they will be writing a brief summary about Project Ecclesia. Good Stuff!!!
My brother is currently in the process of getting all of our brochures to the printer. Andrew is going to put the last touches on them and then off to the printer. It will be nice for us to be able to hand out more information about our church. The information includes our vision and what we value. As a church planter I think it is important that people understand where Project Ecclesia intends on going and what we value as a community.
If you are reading this, please pray for my family. They left this evening for a trip to Arkansas. Jeremiah is really home sick and it was just time for both he and Micah to see familiar faces. It was really sad to see him crying. We have been here for seven weeks and that is a long time for children to be away from familiar places and people. Please pray that God’s hand will keep them safe as they travel 14 hours (4.5 tonight and 10 tomorrow) to Lonsdale, Arkansas. My home is too quite without the laughter (and crying) of Jeremiah and Micah. I love my family and miss them already. I plan on catching up on some reading since I will be baching it up for the next 8 days. I am currently reading three excellent books right now: “Don’t Rock The Boat Capsize It”, “Ragamuffin Gospel” and “Wild At Heart.” I plan on finishing them all by the time my family arrives home next Wednesday or Thursday.
I am excited about the soon arrival of Nathan Rogers and his College Students (from Cave City AR) to Pittsburgh to work with Habitat for Humanity. I am going to join them on Thursday and Friday to assist with the projects. Downtown Pittsburgh is an awesome place. Maybe God will allow me to meet someone and share the gospel with them. I am looking forward to seeing some proud supporters of the Hogs. Everyone in Arkansas loves their hogs. Maybe we haven’t reached the time in the Greater Pittsburgh Area when everyone goes crazy about the Panthers, but I am anxiously waiting to see if people in PA are as crazy about Pitt as the AR fans are about their Razorbacks. I absoulutely love college sports. I actually can't wait until PIT plays WV! Get ready Stonebridge.
This week I plan on spending most of my time out, away from the office. I love being out interacting with the people of Washington. I am always praying that God will grace me with the opportunity to share my faith with someone in need. I am still praying for our first convert and baptism in the great city of Washington. God thanks for calling me to plant a church in this specific place at this specific time. Please pray as we prepare for our first Small Group, Thursday night, August 3.
Shalom
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome to the world of blogging my friend.
It's great to see you blogging! I'm looking forward to keeping up with the great things God is going to be doing through you guys. Hope you enjoy Wild at Heart and Ragamuffin Gospel as much as I did. I just used RG in my sermon last Sunday - great stuff to think about.
Post a Comment