Today Andrew and I sat down at Starbucks, with a tall maple latte in hand (I hate coffee), to evaluate our last six months of planting a church in Washington. We graded ourselves in the particular areas within our church plant. Some of the topics included relationship building, evangelism, small groups, accountability groups, prayer, events, discipleship, network building as well as some other things. There are some areas we have done really well and some which we need some work in. Our overall score came out as average. We have some work to do mostly because I refuse to be normal, mediocre, typical, fair or familar. I want everything we do to be exceptional and notable. I am excited about what God has in store for Project Ecclesia in 2007. Evaluation is necessary and needed. We have some new ideas and strategies we plan on implementing and then re-evaluate everything again in two months. We are glad that God has called us here and we definitely have a lot of work to do in order to reach the many unchurched people in Washington.
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
>> We have some work to do mostly because I refuse to be normal, mediocre, typical, fair or familar. I want everything we do to be exceptional and notable.
I relate to that. It's curious to me how so many Christians can pretend that there's nothing wrong with being average--especially considering the condition of our churches in this nation. We need a radical departure from the status queue.
I love the fact that you guys are willing to be honest and evaluate how well you are doing ministry. I really feel I need more of that; honesty about how things are really going.
Never accept 2nd best. I love it.
Post a Comment