Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Top Things I Hate About Traveling

We made our trip from PA to AR in one day. We left at 7 p.m. and arrived at 10:30 p.m. We spent a long time on the road and I wanted to list some of the things I hate about traveling.

1. Stinky funky bathrooms (every state needs QTs aka Quick Trips-the best convenient stores only located in OK & GA)

2. Truckers who think they own the road

3. Stopping every 45 min - 1 hour for bathroom breaks (pregnant wife)

4. Eating too much fast food for convenience sake

5. Paying $2.35 a gallon for gas

6. No radio because I broke the antenna off in a car wash (I recently purchased a SIRIUS satellite radio specifically for our trip but still need my F.M. antenna)

7. Two worst stretches of Highway seperating PA and AR -
Between Nashville and Jackson TN and West Memphis and Little Rock AR

8. Getting stuck in traffic because of a wreck miles ahead (waited for an hour and a half 30 miles south of Nashville)

Overall the trip wasn't too bad. I just wanted to vent a little. My wife and sons did awesome and we actually had a great time until we got stuck outside of Nashville. I thank God for safe travel. From now on we will make the trip in one day. I am glad to be on Christmas break chllin with the family.

6 comments:

Russ said...

there are qt's in el tejas. Driving through Arkansas is a whip.

David Gregg said...

Go to your happy place Aajon. Go to your happy place.

David Gregg said...

Oh, and send me your phone number, I think I lost your card. The time is quickly approaching for me to make some decisions.

David Gregg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
David Gregg said...

Oh, and go get a wireless internet finder/detector. That'll help solve that internet problem. I got one for twenty-five bucks--I thought it a little steep, but *very* handy when travelling. I use mine all the time, it hangs from my rear-view mirror. No matter how fancy a one you get, it'll quickly pay for itself, especially considering the cost of a home internet connection.

Here's a price and link list of ones that are available:
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=wifi+finder+OR+detector

And if you want a really good one, here's the one to have:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/89d1/


You'll might also find this list to be handy--it's a list of some of the known wifi hotspots in Arkansas:
http://www.jiwire.com/dbsight/search.do?indexName=jiwire&templateName=JiWireSearch&q=arkansas

hope that helps Aajon,
dave

Jimmy Hammond said...

Word to the QT Lovin', my friend. All other convenience stores are but filthy dispensers of overpriced petrol.