Thursday, January 18, 2007

Living Healthy

In January 2005, I started eating right and exercising and by June lost 25 pounds and one pant size. This was about the time I started traveling the country casting my vision with churches and had to be in a suit at least three times a week which meant I had to buy all new suits. Well, by August, I quit walking on the tread mill and my diet changed. I slowly began to gain weight and as of now it has been two years and I have gained 15 pounds back. Renee and I joined a gym today in hopes of getting back to exercising. I wanted to list some of the results I hope to accomplish:

  1. Lose a few pounds
  2. Have more energy
  3. Be able to run a few miles without thinking I am going to die
  4. Lower my Cholesterol & Blood Pressure
  5. Genuinely Feel Better
  6. Live to see my children graduate from college (heart disease runs in both sides of my family)
  7. Network with some new people
  8. Workout with my Family
  9. Get up earlier (workout between 6 & 7 a.m.)
  10. Make exercise part of my weekly routine

I want to try spin class. I love intense workouts. I think it may remind me of running sprints for basketball in High School. I read where you can burn about 400-500 calories in 45 minutes. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Sheff said...

Good stuff, Aaron. I know you can reach your goals. You did it before, and you can do it again. Peace!