Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Strategies

I had lunch with Ron Geisler, a friend of mine who is planting a church in Canonsburg which is a city about 20 minutes north of Washington. It was very productive meeting. We understand each other and seem to be facing the same struggles and difficulties. After the meeting one of the conclusions I came to was that planting a church in SW PA is completely different than planting a church in say AR, TX, NC, WV or FL. The strategies and methods that work in some places just will not work here. Maybe I should have come to that conclusion earlier, but I didn't. (Some of you guys have probably already told me that but I am a little hard headed). It was great to share my frustrations with him. As we swapped stories, we seemed to be going through the same things. I am glad to have met him six months ago and look forward to collaborating with him about c.p. in the future.

No comments: