I have to admit that I am enjoying our current series. Last week I spoke on the Family. It was a good study and I enjoyed showing how important family is to God and Life Point. I have already began my studies for this weeks sermon on Acceptance. I am steelling/borrowing a concept I heard from Andy Stanley. Everybody we lay our eyes on is somebody for whom our Savior died. Unfortunately we only place value on people we like or know. Another angle on this concept is the fact that all of us place value on people because other people value them. Each of us place value on our bosses kids because our boss places value in them. The same thing should be true for us and God. God desires for us to see value in people because he sees value in them. He died for everyone. We are all guilty of failing to place value in people and then we (permission to speak freely) treat them like CRAP! That is not what God has called us to do. Like the person who pulls out in front of us in traffic or the customer rep who is rude to us at Target. God sees value in them and therefore so should we. If we at Life Point will implement this concept now, it will set a standard for the way we accept people. I have thoroughly enjoyed this study. I hope people are discovering who we are and what makes us Life Point.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment