It's official. City Reach will be held in Washington, Pennsylvania June 13-20, 2008. As you can imagine, I'm stoked that 250 students will invade the city of Washington as servants of Jesus Christ. It is going to be an unbelievable event. If you or someone you know is a student pastor and you think you might have students grades 9th grade and up who would like to be involved in one of the greatest weeks involving service, please give me a call. I would love to tell you about it. The City Reach board spent Sunday through Wednesday planning for CR 08. Major thanks to them for their hard work. Given the history of City Reach and huge success of the CR in Loveland, CO, I am super excited to see what God is going to do in Washington.
It was also awesome to see my brother Jonathan for a few days. Joseph Witcher a great friend of mine also came to town for the meeting. I love these two guys! I wish we could hang out more often. They pump me up and challenge me to continue doing what God has called me to do. I also got to hang out with John Yoho super cool guy and very in tune with todays students, Jason Wait, very organized and a man of many funny words, Jonathan Smith, a man who is passionate about CR and loves students, Donna Mercer, an awesome lady through which godliness oozes from her pores and from her speech and Tony Harp a wise and cool man. Also got to hang out with Jason and Russell. (You already know how I feel about those guys.) I absolutely loved working with the board. One of the things that impressed me was their vision for CR. It is to totally and completely to serve and help the church planter. They in no way tried to push their ideas or agendas on Life Point. They wanted to do anything and everything the best way so CR could help us reach and serve the most people as possilbe. Awesome stuff. Get prayed and and ready for an awesome week coming in June. CR 08 is going to ROCK!

No comments:
Post a Comment