Thursday, October 19, 2006

Rain

I just received a phone call from my mom requesting if I would preach on Sunday at my home church, Calvary MBC. That meant I needed to get a few sermons ready. As I sat down to get them cranked out, I looked out the window and saw rain falling from the sky. The weather in Western PA is much different than it was in AR & OK. We have a lot more overcast skies and rain. The rains constantly reminds me of how in charge my God is. Nothing occurs without him knowing. Not even the rain shower which is occurring in PA. He knew about it and may have even planned it. Praise God for the rain. May I never cease to praise him even when the ordinary occurs like rain on an October evening. (Hopefully this won't effect our attendance during our Small Group tonight.)

No comments: