Friday, January 05, 2007

New Year of Small Groups

Our 2007 small groups kicked off last night and I am totally stoked. God has some great things in store for this year. When Andrew and I began discussing church planting back two years ago, we both agreed that small groups needed to be weaved into the DNA. We have been doing small groups now for six months now and it is awesome to sit back and watch God work. In June we began with one small group. It was crazy how nervous I was. Each week things got easier and now after 22 weeks of small groups, it is a blast. During the first weekend in November, Renee and I attended a Weekend To Remember (for more, check out my post I Love My Wife) and were introduced to some HomeBuilders Curriculum. We decided right then to begin praying about starting a new small group for couples. We sent out a letter to about 50 couples and four have responded. Three of our core group members have volunteered for child care which means they will have 8 children under the age of 6 to corral on Sunday night. As we have prayed for a new small group, God has also opened another door to start a new student small group. We have about seven students who we will start with and hope to see it grow out of control. I praise God for His blessings. We have prayed and prepared and now God has graced us with the opportunity to double our small groups. God please keep doing more than I can even think or imagine.

1 comment:

Russ said...

Thanks for the HomeBuilders link.